Member Benefit Alert: Golden Key’s Education Debt Reduction Award
How would you like $10,000 to help repay the loans that you took to pay for undergraduate or graduate school?
If so, why not apply for the Golden Key Education Debt Reduction Award? It’s a key benefit of Golden Key International Honour Society membership that could have a very positive impact on your financial situation. Here’s what you need to know.
Who can apply?
You have to be a member of Golden Key International Honour Society and have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree. You should also be able to provide documentation for any loans you have taken to pay for your education.
How much is the award?
When can I apply?
The next application deadline date is Thursday, December 15, 2016.
How can I apply?
What information will I need to submit?
- Answers to the following two questions (500 words maximum per question):
- What impact would this $10,000 have on your current financial situation?
- What financial obstacles have you had to overcome in obtaining your degree?
- A personal statement of no more than three pages, discussing your personal and professional goals for the next 10 years.
- A list of all currently active student loans and financial assistance received while enrolled in classes at the undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate level. Official documentation of all currently active loans is required with your application. Please note: Documentation can consist of a listing of currently active loans from lending service providers, college/university financial aid offices or other financial lending institutions such as banks.
- A copy of your résumé/CV.
How does Golden Key decide who will win the Award?
The award committee will review your application materials and consider your professional goals and your plans for the future. The committee will also consider the impact that the award would have on your financial situation.
It’s an Important Benefit of Your Golden Key Membership
Why not spend a few minutes on the Golden Key International Honour Society website to investigate all the other benefits of Golden Key membership? We will be highlighting them on this blog in the weeks and months ahead, so please check back often. We look forward to seeing you here.
Have you won this award? What do you think it could do for your future to win a debt reduction scholarship? Sound off in the comment section.