For the last several years, Golden Key has forged a great partnership with NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education. The professionals within the field serve an integral role as Golden Key volunteers, honorary members and key supporters within the university community.
This year, at the NASPA Annual Conference (March 15-19 in Baltimore, Maryland), Golden Key sponsored all the community service projects and provided a $2,500 donation to Health Care for the Homeless. Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) is Maryland’s leading provider of comprehensive health services for men, women and children experiencing homelessness. The NASPA 2014 Conference Committee selected HCH because of their tireless commitment and dedication to prevent and end homelessness for vulnerable individuals and families. “Golden Key is committed to fostering an ethos of service around the world,” said Golden Key Executive Director Brad Rainey. “We enthusiastically support the wonderful work that Maryland’s Health Care for the Homeless provides and are proud to support their mission.”
In addition, Golden Key awarded more than $11,000 in scholarships to support professional development within the field of student affairs. These scholarships were awarded to support conference attendance for the future generation of student affairs professionals.
Fourteen scholarships were awarded to students, eight to undergraduates and six to graduate students.
The undergraduate scholarship recipients are:
- Michael Allensworth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Tyler Benateigha, Colorado State University
- Mallory Foutch, The University of Texas at Austin
- Emily Huang, University of Southern California
- Eric Izaguirre, University of California-Santa Barbara
- Taylor Sprague, George Mason University
- Emory Vigil, University of Utah
- Christian Williams, Florida International University
The graduate scholarship recipients are:
- Danielle Aguilar, University of Vermont
- Tory Atkins, Northeastern University
- Spencer Atkinson, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Habiba Braimah, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Tamarah Dixon, Ball State University
- Abrahan Monzon, California State University Fullerton
Congratulations to all the recipients! Golden Key trusts that these students have a bright future in a student affairs profession.