Golden Key’s latest Virtual Graduate School Fair was held on October 22, 2013. The fair brought members together for the opportunity to interact online with graduate school representatives. More than 1,600 Golden Key members participated in the virtual event! These members represented more than 150 different majors and ranged from students getting their bachelor’s degree to those in a PhD program. Attendees were able to gather valuable information about graduate school programs.
Students raved about the convenience and ease of using the virtual platform. They were also very impressed by the vast selection of graduate schools represented.
Here’s what just a few students had to say:
- “It’s nice being able to chat with representatives from so many different universities all in one place, and to get some of my questions answered.”
- “I liked the fact that you can take your time thinking about the questions you want to ask. I think that in live fairs you get a little bit of pressure because there are many people waiting for their turn to talk with the representatives. The representatives were very helpful; they pointed out different people whom I could contact for even more information about the program I am interested in.”
- “This is an opportunity I am glad that I did not pass on.”
Thirty-two graduate schools participated in the event. They included Boston University College of Communication, Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, Syracuse University LC Smith College of Engineering and Computer Science, and University of Notre Dame, just to name a few.
Overall the graduate school representatives were very impressed by the turn out of prospective students and how busy it kept them.
Here’s what just a few graduate school representatives said:
- “Please do this again! I like to be able to reach out to multiple students simultaneously versus at grad fairs you typically address one student at a time.”
- “I think it went well! Quite a few interested students attend, many questions asked, and they even had a student start an online application following the morning session.”
The virtual concept of the fair allows members to participate at their convenience from the comfort of their own home. Golden Key is proud to provide opportunities like this to help our members succeed.
About Golden Key
Golden Key is the world's largest collegiate honor society. Membership into the Society is by invitation only and applies to the top 15% of college and university sophomores, juniors and seniors, as well as top-performing graduate students in all fields of study, based solely on their academic achievements. As an international honor society with more than 400 chapters at colleges and universities around the world, Golden Key is committed to a high standard of scholastic achievement, and an ethos of integrity, innovation, respect, collaboration and diversity.