The Fall 2012 Graduate Scholar Award supports members’ post-baccalaureate study at accredited universities anywhere in the world.
The winners, who will receive $10,000 each*, are:
- Samantha Waters, Nova Southeastern University, United States (*Top winner receiving $20,000)
- Emily Hooker, University of Kansas, United States
- Brittany Cazakoff, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Shyam Madhusudan Garg, University of Alberta, Canada
- Kanika Verma, Texas State University – San Marcos, United States
- Sandra Fahim, York University, Canada
- Gauthamie Poolokasingham, York University, Canada
- Thandeka Cochrane, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Yu Lok Wong, University of Alberta, Canada
- Noriza Abu Hassan Shaari, West Virginia University, Malaysia
Congratulations to the winners!
Here’s what two of the winners had to say…
“Winning the prestigious and the coveted “Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award” means international recognition for me and my university, financial assistance, and an extraordinary achievement both in my professional and academic career. I am a doctoral student in the Department of Geography, Texas State University-San Marcos, with a research concentration in geospatial thinking differences among the undergraduate students in the U.S.” – Kanika Verma
“I am extremely honored to receive the 2012 Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award. I would like to thank Golden Key for their support during my graduate study. This award will enable me to pay my tuition fees and other educational expenses for the next academic year thus giving me the opportunity to concentrate freely on my studies and research. It will also greatly strengthen my application when I apply for post-doctoral positions in the future after completion of my PhD.” -Shyam Madhusudan Garg